Monday, February 4, 2008

Sampling Food Storage and Hidden Mysteries

What did I get done today, you ask? Ivy stayed home from school again because of the wicked, croupy cough that's cycling through our neighborhood. Mean, I tell you. She gets running around and coughing then til she throws-up and everyone gets mad cause they had to hear it. Almost amusing, but disturbing at the same time.
I got a chiropractic adjustment and a bit of p.t. from a cool place called Integrated Wellness, Dr. Scott Froggley. Neat solutions to tension, headaches and nutritional needs. Beautiful people.
Then Rob and I had some quality time together...he loves me:) I guess I love him a lot too. We had fun. Lunch at Zupas- I rate it a 6 because of the pureed soup, common! I want cauliflower in my cheesy cauliflower soup, and for some silly reason Rob would have loved to have lobster in his lobster soup. The panini sandwiches were dry (I guess that's better than totally greasy, but nice try), but the atmosphere was a clean, hip place with a real rush after 11:05a.m. Next time, if there is one, I'll try a salad- they looked beautiful.

Then for the hilarious part: The 25 min. run in the wind. It just about killed me (ha, ha, Taryn) running into the wind, then running back with it pushing me all of the way. I'm sore now, even after the 20 minute bath with jets. Serves me right.

I cracked open some of our fun 72 hr kits for snack time after school. I've had these kits I made during enrichment April 2003 and wanted to have us all taste-test what has lasted (and have the kids tell me what was gross too :) These are the cadillacs of eating kits: the ward mass-purchased awesome snacks, drinks and essentials from Costco, then we went around the room assembling our own bags according to what we ordered. Now that it's been so long I wanted to see what was rancid and what is still edible. I guess when we're stuck, just about everything is edible;0 Anyway, the fruit leather from Costco made it with flying colors. So did drinks. Not so great were spicy beef sticks (tasted like they were straight off of a tree:) , goldfish crackers and planters nuts in plastic wrapping. I was impressed with the smuckers kits of crackers with pb&j etc. Also, candy and gum rock in the pkgs like that.
I recommend giving your food storage the taste test and see if it passes with the kids. I want to hear the comments, ladies;)


This picture contains two mysteries, one I'll dispell and the other, keep you guessing:


I'm the mysterious purple bonnet-sporting pioneer in the front. Now for the juice; who is the woman being slung over her husband's shoulder at Trek 2007? Give you a clue...she showed her sister's glamour shot last week on-line. She might even deserve this. Just checking to see if you check my blog enough ;)





These cars will be all-the-rage in the US soon, from what we hear. The Smart Car. I took this photo in Nuremburg, Germany because they were freaking me out. They're so tiny, can get up so close to you and look like Fred Flinstone should be in there pedaling. Just thought I'd use this site as the latest car fasion show. Want one?





Ok, H is so cute here and the colors match his personality- calm, as constant as the waves in the ocean and never afraid to pose for mom. He wants to tell the blogging world that, "life is wonderful! My mom's great and I love my family". See what I mean? You can usually only pay kids to say that!





This photo reminds me of Ivy's real mature spirit- not the cooky one y'all usually see, but the genuine, caring and loveable sister that she is. Yummy!



'D'- beautiful, photogenic, tough (but mostly sensitive), best babysitter ever, and ball-player extrordinaire. He laughs and says to all bloggers, "blah, blah, blah" about 10 times. Goof!






3 comments:

Anna B said...

Sorry about Ivy:( And I feel special, WOW! Thanks for the plug...wink wink. Your kids are so cute. Thanks for the updates.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, and that trek picture is Miss Anna Butler! I wish I could have gone on trek with the ward.

Christina

Jessica said...

Yup! Christina..and Anna win the prize!