Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Take 2 Aspirin and Call me Tomorrow"

Today I visited Dr. Rosie's office:
She wrote my "siptums" down and told me what she thought I was dealing with.
This just reiterated how really lame a sinus infection
and resulting "C. Dif."due to "broad spectrum antibiotics" are-
look up C. Dif. on the net and pray
it will never be you typing this!!
Dr. Rosie's notes are some of the cutest moments in this mommy's life!
I LOVE it when my kids practice their writing skills
by sounding words out and writing.
Ivy's in this mode and writing like crazy-
for school, for fun and especially, for my entertainment.
The paper is split in half and the right column is as follows:
"Jessica symptoms:
pressure through Jessica's nose,
her ears are clogged. Her throat hurts bad."
Left column:
"She feels like her head is going to explode."
FYI: She was pressing me for some of these comments.
Isn't that just like a girl? She's noticing the details
of how others feel. I love it.
The writing, the sweetness, the care, My girl.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, when did she grow up? She looks so old in those pictures!!! I swear I just saw her on Sunday!! :)

Cami said...

So cute!!! I actually didn't need the translation.... I understood what she was trying to say and I loved it! Did you realize that she is a poet like you? She is.. you can tell just from her writing.

I truly hope you feel better. Sorry you have been so sick. BTW... loved your comment about you being in trouble in Heaven for killing spiders. ha!! made me laugh. Luvs..

Crazycozartclan said...

Loved it! Haley does this too. Her spelling tests make me laugh. Should a mother really laugh at mispelled words on a spelling test? (at least I do it when she's not around) Fun Fun.

Anna B said...

Sorry if your still not feeling well. Ivy does look so grown up in that pic. Very cute!

Kati said...

She does look SO Old in that one picture! She is so cute. I love the way 1st graders spell. It is my fave.

I have been trying to call you back!

Autumn said...

K..I've been a blog slacker! I am so glad that you are feeling better and that you have such a beautiful little Dr. to take care of you! Don't you love having Ivy around...girls are so much more sensitive! Had a great day today! Thanks for everything! Love you!

Petersen Kids said...

Hey Jess, I didn't know you had a blog. Good to know, it's darling. Love the pic of Donovan. So funny he made you pay him a buck. Totally worth it! Ivy is starting to look older, she's such a sweet girl.