Friday, September 12, 2008


Happy Blogiversary To Me!
1 year.
Kati teased that I would never lift-off,
but here I am, still typing away
like the crazy Blogger Mom that I am!
I'll celebrate with
something I read today in the book,
Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
"...people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you're fortunate enough. But that's not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it.
You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.
And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. If you don't you will leak away your innate contentment. It's easy enough to pray when you're in distress but continuing to pray even when your crisis has passed is like a sealing process, helping your soul hold tight to its good attainments."
"The search for contentment is, therefore, not merely a self-preserving and self-benefiting act, but also a generous gift to the world.
Clearing out all your misery gets you out of the way.
You cease being an obstacle, not only to yourself but to anyone else.
Only then are you free to serve and enjoy other people." -pg. 260
(Eat Pray Love has some offensive language in it. I'm whiting-out for friends;)
Love you all. Thanks for the party!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Ann. to you!! kati go tme started on blogging too :) That girl is who we need to blame :P

I think I need to read that book, with the whited out stuff

Jessica said...

You got it! And can I say, Kaboom on the comment response!

Unknown said...

I happen to be on when you posted it :) I am a very fst reader i will call you :) And umm, what exactly is your picture of? :)

Jessica said...

The creepy sausages I bought and BBQ'd for the kids. When they came out "authentic" everyone laughed and wanted a pic. Just to make people laugh is all.

Anna D. said...

Congrats! Thanks for helping me with a fun and creative way to stay in touch with family and friends!

Autumn said...

Happy Blogiversary my friend!! I missed you today!! Were you really sick or just faking so you could stay home and read your book!! Ha Ha...I might really believe that if my own throat was not ON FIRE right now!! Hope you and Harrison are feeling better!! ...and congrats to Harrison on making the Musical Express!!

Cami said...

I don't think I even remember when I started, how do you? You must have written it down in one of your 18 journals or something. :) I am so glad you are still blogging though, because it's a blast to read. Way fun last night! Thanks for the invite.

Anna B said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already. That means mine is coming up.

Crazycozartclan said...

I just had mine too! Kati is totally to blame for all of this she got me started too after a lot of hounding. If my hubby is ever complaining about me being on the computer all the time I'll just tell him to bring it up with her :)Happy Anniversary!

jenn said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I love the pic of the cake...so cute and yummmy looking.

My next post will be my 100th post...crazy! I love this blogging thing. It's my fave.

judy said...

You go Jessica...keep on blogging. Great reason to eat cake!