Thursday, September 18, 2008

GNO with Lakeview Babes

This Lakeview girls group
finally hooked up for a long-awaited Girl's Night!
We decided on Olive Garden for a
lovely dinner and we
didn't even lose anyone's camera!
Our waiter, Jeff practically kicked us out of there
(45 min. at each table, please)
Next......
This is Monica (say it, "Moh-nee-cu"). Monica is beautiful and super fun to be with.
She has money from Grandma
and wants to spend it being artful
and surrounded by silly,
yet creative friends.
So she picks "Color Me Mine" for our activity.

What's Color Me Mine, you ask?
It's a pottery shop where
"You paint it, we fire it."
You can personalize everything from
salt and pepper shakers to the
understated Papa Smurf Gnome
(see attached picture)
Also present is Autumn. Isn't she lovely modeling the fashionable salt and pepper shakers?
Autumn's reading "Secret Life of Bees" and loves to say one of the
notty words Lily uses all of the time (in her mind, of course). I love Autumn.
I can't wait to show our Halloween costume plan to the rest of you!


I see Papa Smurf. Maybe I just like to say that.
"Have a Smurfy day"
I know a guy who tatooed a smurf on his leg...
as an adult!


Cami. Dear, Cami. She had more fun at this painting
shop than any 2 women should have!
I enjoyed watching her gutsy pattern develop,
daisy's with a swirl pattern on the inside
of the bowl. She studied,
painted, stewed, then painted over.
In the end, she made a beautiful, original creation
to add to her amazing bowl collection.
Cami has the Midas touch as far as I'm concerned.
You should see her do a Yoga bind.
We'll be back girls, won't we?


I made this for my sis-in-law for Christmas.
Jeanetta will love my remedial
painting skills and appreciate them for what they are:
a handmade slice of love.
I like how it turned out and want to
eventually start a set of
original pieces for my home.


Everyone's stuff turned out amazing.
Monica's giant polka-dotted popcorn bowl turned out
beautiful due to the team efforts of she and Autumn.





8 comments:

jenn said...

How fun! What a great idea for a GNO. I {heart} dishes...yum.

judy said...

Too cute! It looks like good therapy.

Unknown said...

I need to go there and make something -- looks like a great girls day. Now to the important question -- is that the new Olive Garden?

Autumn said...

I hardly think I can blog this now that I've read yours! You are too poetic for your own good! Love that about you!! Okay..I don't know if I took that pic of you or not but~ you are such a hot babe...seriously good pic of you!! We had too much fun for our own good, and I can't wait to go back!!

P.S. Wishing I had thought of the whole "papa smurf" thing when I was picking out my lovely tattoo!! ... there's always next time.....

OH and ....smiling cause I'm thinking that certain word IN MY HEAD!! :) xoxo

Anna D. said...

I know Monica. We volunteered together in Preston's 2nd grade class! She is great. Glad you had a great time!

Unknown said...

FINALLY! I love the post, pictures and prose. You are awesome and beautiful! Loved how you shared about everyone. It was such a wonderful night and we better do it again soon! Autumn clued me in on her little word she likes to say... and how she whispered that sweet nothing in your ear on the play ground... made me laugh and cringe at the same time. :) ha! Love you love you

Cami said...

Guess what I did? I didn't check who was logged into the blogger account and so the upper post from here is actually from MOI and not my daughter. Sorry about that.

BTW I was thinking of you today because there is this dad, whose son is on the same football team as Brayden, who is deaf. He signed with his wife the whole time and I thought it was so awesome. He had a Swiss flag pin on his hat and Dani noticed and they started talking because, duh, Dani is Swiss, and the wife interpreted for him. It was very sweet and I was wishing I was as cool as you and could sign. I know the alphabet and some parts to the song "As I Have Loved You" but it just isn't the same. Love that about you!

Kristen said...

That sounds so fun! So, I used scrapblog for the picture. Remember, I am scrapbook retarded! Digital is the only way for me.