Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yellowstone '08

Yellowstone 2008
We loved our vacation to wildlife and sportsman's Mecca of the West. I will spare you the copious amounts of animal & scenery snapshots and share verbal highlights instead:
Best Moments:
1. Kids' excitement describing their vacation faves.
2. Rafting the Snake!
3. Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum- further explanation: Not spectacular for the ticket price, however, children loved it and that makes it all worth it for mom and dad.
4. Kids loved tenting-it and cooking over a fire. Perhaps not Dad's preferred moments:)
5. Showers everyday. Running water and toilets. And can I say, "laundry room!"
6. Images of Nature Gallery
7. Merry Piglets Mexican restaurant.
8. Playing and laying in the park at the base of Snow King Resort.
9. The kids enjoyed stopping at the Oregon Trail Museum in Montpillier, Id on the way home.
10. Last stop: BYU Creamery for ice cream.
Thanks fam for the amazing memories and time together. Next year: We're buying a family raft and going for it!














6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Yellowstone!!! What a fab place to vacation. Looks like a great time!! We have a picture under that arch of horns too! :)

Cami said...

So fun, Jess. I went to the Ripley's Museum in CA and it was disgustingly interesting. I was amazed at the stuff I saw and read. Did you do the tongue tricks in front of the mirror? ha! I can actually fold my tongue in half like they say....pretty awesome. I will show you some time. Glad you had fun!

jenn said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've only been to Yellowstone once, makes me want to go again.

Kati said...

Love all the pictures!
Rob looks like he LOVES the river!
Love ya Rob!
Can't wait till you get a boat and take me out for my first time. I am a virgin river runner.
Love ya.
Kati

Autumn said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! We went to Yellowstone last year..although we didn't rough it like you did! The kids would love that though! Rafting looked like tons of fun! I had no idea you were so outdoorsy!

CuCa said...

We just went to Yellowstone too! We missed the Ripleys museum-where was that? I won't tell my kids they will be soooo jealous.