Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Poetry in Motion

Speaking of poetry...
I'm thinking of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing and the song in it:
"Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more,
Men were deceivers ever,
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant never:
Then sigh not so, but let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into Hey nonny, nonny."
(Act II, Scene III)
Now, keep in mind my thoughts differ entirely about men. I love that in the movie version, Emma Thompson opens the whole show saying this in her dreamy style and later a fabulous tenor sings to it. Fondness.
Yea, poetry is cool.

4 comments:

Cami said...

That is my most favorite Shakespeare play. I haven't seen that movie version in ages, but I love it. Brings me back to my college English classes. This is my most favorite Shakespearean instult: ready? Thou crusty batch of nature! ha!

jenn said...

Oooo, I love your new background! Super "Greenbomb"ish.

Autumn said...

Brings me back to my college English class too...where obiously this was in one ear and out the other. Poetry has never been my strong suit...but you make it sound beautiful!

Autumn said...

Hey Jessica...I meant to ask you if you want to join our blog book group? I'm sure you're a reader, because you're a poet! I just need to get your email if you would like to join. There's a link on my blog if you want to check it out. xoxo