Sunday, July 27, 2008

A 21 of July to Remember


Here we are just before the concert chatting with friends who

happen to be seated right behind us.


Listened to Kolbi Callet from consessions--

would rather hang-out with Rachel, Aaron & Lucy Coleman

and Ray's cousin, Jenn-while we chomped caramel popcorn,

laughed at old times and Rob jonesed for a Chicago Dog

cause the ATM machine was angry at his card:)

Don't feel bad, he got one.


I love having a good night out. I feel like we're young again.

Scratch that: younger.



So my anticipation is mounting and I'm tripping about how John Mayer is here,

at USANA with me. Soon I'll be singing all of his music WITH him.

I was totally looking forward to the things he would say.

I was describing it to Cami like this: "I know his music. It doesn't matter what he

plays- it's like a tasty little grab-bag, exciting to imagine

what's in there. I'm just waiting to hear what he'll say because I haven't heard

any of that yet."

Now, if you follow John Mayer you know that often times he's criticized for

what he says. He can pop-off and can be crude. But, hey I love him

and we forgive a lot when we love.

One of the first things Rob notices is that John's looking buff.



He wasn't crude, just silly at times. Yeah, he dropped a couple of swears, but he was fun.
And yes, I took the pictures. No bag check at USANA

Songs he played: Believe, Gravity, Waiting for the World to Change,

Daughters, Bigger than My Body* (fave),

No Such Thing*, Tom Petty's Free Falling, Say,

a George Harrison song, JJ Johnson,
and more.

Cool band and cool horn section.


Rob said he was just o.k. I asked why? Well, wasn't interesting.

No sphinx with sunglasses that bust and expose

shooing lasers and interacts with the audience. Sorry, not a KISS concert,

just a guy, his guitar and some poetic vocals that sometimes

makes me remember and cry.


I'm wish it wasn't over, but that's what happens.
So, I'll pull that bag out every-once-in-a-while and enjoy
what I was there to witness-My History:
I've been to a John Mayer concert and feel a bit more complete.

5 comments:

Kati said...

YOU DID GET SOME GREAT PICS!
I am so happy you got to go. Looks like you had so much fun. I knew you were looking forward to that concert for weeks. I know you will love those memories forever.

How cheezy was that comment. Seriously...I know he is totally on your list.

Autumn said...

I'm so jealous! What a fun night! Love that your husband noticed John looking "buff"...funny! Awesome pics!!

Cami said...

Jess! How fun fun fun!!! I, too, am jealous!! Your pictures turned out great ~ I love seeing him in action. I want to see some of his comical faces he makes when he is playing. Did you get any of those?? ha. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. Your post was awesome, as usual. Poetic and thoughtful.. Loved it! and YOU!

Jessica said...

Yes, I got more pics and some where his face is totally distorted! I just love them. I know you know , "you take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both..."
I'll show you in private;)

Kristen said...

I was totally there! I loved Colbie too! We lucked out and sat in a booth. Way to cool. I can't wait to swap memories.