Monday, July 14, 2008

Today

My fingers are sore from planting the amazing new lavender, rosemary, russian sage and grasses my dad gave me yesterday. I weeded until I could weed no more. Yea, everything's sore, yet so satisfying to look out at the yard and know you made something better today.
Best part? 1)While you're in the yard you can't hear the phone ring and 2)When you're improving it, the yard doesn't complain. Hum. I have a few things to think about.

I'm also reviewing the quotes in my brain today and can't come up with what best defines me today:
" I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"-Mugatu, Zoolander
"It's better to say too much then never say what you need to say again."-Say, John Mayer
"I pray to be used by a power greater than myself. It takes consistent effort to live my best life."-Oprah, Bob Greene's Best Life Diet
"A worker [bee] is just over a centimeter long and weighs only about sixty milligrams; nevertheless, she can fly with a load heavier than herself."-The Honey Bee, Secret Life of Bees
OR
"Today I accidentally stepped on a snail on the sidewalk in front of our house. And I thought I too am like that snail. I build a defensive wall around myself, a 'shell' if you will. But my shell isn't made out of a hard, protective substance. Mine is made out of tin-foil and paper bags."- Jack Handey

5 comments:

Crazycozartclan said...

Wanna come and "improve" my yard? I am in need of some serious help these days. I tell ya it's no fair that some people have a green thumb and some of us have a black thumb and kill whatever we touch. Not fair at all I tell ya. :)

Autumn said...

Glad you got your yard all beautified...but missed you at Cami's yesterday! Too bad you couldn't hear that phone ringing.. :) Love Jack Handey...words to live by for sure! P.S. I sent you an invite to the book group.

Cami said...

Loved all of the quotes. I have read some of the books they came from, but I don't remember reading them. hmmm I think it's my adhd or something. Doesn't it feel great to see the results of all of your hard work? I did that on Saturday and it is so satisfying and theraputic. I have to come by and see your beautimous yard now, so invite me over! ;) I'll bring chocolate. Missed you yesterday!

jenn said...

The "crazy pills" line is a regular around our place...so funny!

Feel free to come on over and "improve" our yard after you work on the Cozarts.

Kati said...

Hey....at least ya'll have a yard.
Why don't we start at the Price house and get that grass a goin!
We are OH SO CLOSE!