Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Books & Movie Review
Just started Kim by Rudyard Kipling
It looks exciting and exotic!
I am facsinated with Kipling's amazing (yet depressing) life.


I'll give you my opinion on my last read, Gulliver's Travels
by Johnathon Swift:
Interesting, repetitive and in two words, travel log!
It would have grabbed me more in its' day.
It's a Brittish satire about religion and politics. Dated really,
but super funny to laugh at ourselves as humans.

Now, my movie pic of the week is PENELOPE
Just see it!
It's a beautiful message about
loving who you are, just the way you are.
And an added bonus: James McAvoy.
I know he's not much cuter out of a goat costume (Narnia),
but he has a way about him. Slightly KidRockish
here in Penelope, but I dug his believability.
And Ricci is edible!
If you like Catherine O'Hara- she'll crack you up
the whole movie.
It's actually a family movie- Astonishing!



3 comments:

Cami said...

Always love the book reviews and movie reviews! You are so insightful and lovable and a very much envy-inducing gorgeous soul. I will never know how you do it. Missed you while I was gone! When are we going to go see a movie together? Let's go soon. Call me! :) I will too.

Jessica said...

Yes, yes!!!!! Thank you my literary friend and #1 Fan- #1 because you're awesome and 1 because you are the lone wolf in that club:) Love ya

Autumn said...

My sister in law took Camry to see Penelope to pay her back for babysitting...I totally should have tagged along. I'll have to rent it, is it out on DVD? Glad to know that I won't be reading Gullivers Travels! :) I don't need any help putting myself to sleep!