Friday, January 18, 2008

Stick Your Head in and Take a Whiff!


Look Familiar? This, my friends is the lucious bag of good ol' assorted American bon bons-yes, candy. I had to pull out the camera and click and blog because smelling this very bag of candy sent me back into my childhood. Yea, I know, we do this every Halloween, but this time it was special. I took this bag down from the pantry and performed my ritual "taxing of each child's Halloween candy", but what happened was a welcome surprise: The smell reminded me of BEING a child, opening my pillowcase and practically wanting to move in! I love the candy, but the collective smell is the important thing I'm adressing here. The mix of M & M's with Laffy Taffy even with the happy Smarties smell mixed in. Ohhh, I can just feel the rush of adrenaline as I realize the whole bag is mine and I can consume or make it last.
Visit what makes you remember BEING a child. Is it a fragrance, a soft touch? Or the pictures of your Grandma, old clothes and favorite toys. I love to remember what it felt like to not have cares of the world and the most pressing thoughts I had were, " who to play with?", and "what will the weather be like today?"

No comments: