Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Disney, here we come...

Steelers won the Superbowl,
I'm going to Disneyland!

Rob's favorite pro-football team IS the Steelers, and yes, we're going to Disneyland on Saturday, but these events are purely coincidental. The castle is Schloss Neuschwanstein in Bavaria, Germany- this is the castle Disney modeled Sleeping Beauty's castle after. It's amazing in the Fall and the grounds are *magical too*.

The kids think the trip is for them. Don't tell them it's really for me so I can finally ride the Mickey roller coaster in Cal Adventure and get out of a week of work while I'm at it! It's like being a kid again.

I love road-tripping, reading with the ipod, sunshine, Pacific Coast Hgwy, the beach and losing myself in the chunky, cartoony world of Dis- I love "It's a Small World" even. I remember wanting to live in that ride as a child. I could do without the whole character chasing, autograph thing, but anything for a little twinkle in the kids' eyes too.

See you guys on the 20th! Love, Jess


6 comments:

Petersen Kids said...

You are soo lucky! You are going to have a great time! I love California Screamin'!! Have fun, can't wait to hear about it!

Unknown said...

Have so much fun!! We love Disneyat our house no matter what age we are!! Take lots of pictures and tell us all about it when you get back!

Cami said...

I am so jealous!!! And how come I had to hear about this little trip from my eldest? What the? Hope you have the TIME of your life... until your next big adventure across the pond. Send me a post card! :)

Autumn said...

I hope you have the time of your lives!! If you ask me Disneyland IS the happiest place on earth! Don't forget to take a ride on my fav...just for me...Soarin' California! It's AMAZING!! Love you tons! BTW How am I going to work ALL week without you??

Crazycozartclan said...

Yeah for Disneyland. If we had planned better we could have gone together! We are going on the 24th
: ) I LOVE disneyland too. Enjoy it

jenn said...

Oh, so jealous! You are there right now! I hope you are having the time of your life. It really is the funnest place. Can't wait to read your Disney post.