Friday, March 7, 2008

In My Dreams

Thanks for all of your friendly support, Karen, Jenn, Kati, Judy and Jody! And all of my friends, always. You totally perked me up and gave me the feel-goods! No lie, I teared-up when I read your sweet comments.

So, Christina's trip to 'Diz' and Culley's trip to somewhere very sunny:) was reminding me that Spring is time for a road trip, Puerto Rico ('06 for Rob and I thanks to the Mailhandler's Union Training) and well, anywhere else.

These are the 3 places I'm dreaming of being right now:


This is Austria. (Kati, this one's for you, babe) I drove through quickly one day in October '07. You can't see me, but I'm behind the cam singing, "The hills are alive!" You just have to. This was one of the coolest scenes because I was driving these winding roads and then turned a bend and ther was the tallest, pointiest mtn ever! It just jets straight up out of nowhere. Breathtaking. The first pic is a ceiling in Weiskirche- 'kirche' is church. I'm in-love with these old, amazing buildings.


Neuschwanstein and me. Good combination. Some Italian guy took this pic. I even love just remembering that.



I cannot wait to go to Diz with my fam. This is really where I'm itching to go-just throw everyone and thing into the car and play for 3 days. Maybe in the Fall.




Here we are at Park City resort playing for the day last Fall. They have a fun bounce zone in the entry square there and of course, the Alpine Slide and other rides. We love it fast and furious!


Something else I want to share: I just read a book in 2 sittings, Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza, about the ethnic cleansing in Rwanda in 1994. She is spiritual, amazing and inspirational! Warning: Graphic in nature.

I love any book about the WWII Halocaust, India's cultural revolution, China's cultural revolution and any other story about survival of the human spirit and will. Tell me about the books you love and stories that lift you!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous you have been to Europe. I dream of the day I get to go there, Italy in particular. Disneyland is the best in the fall, end of Sept. has the smallest crowds and shortest lines.

Christina

Crazycozartclan said...

Okay.... all you traveling people. You're all making me feel very very VERY jealous! I swear I never go anyway. And dang it that's gonna change! : ) We are going to Diz in April Wahooooo. I would love to go to Europe one day. Thanks for setting something to aspire too.

jenn said...

I think any day that ends in "Y" is a good day for a trip! What beautiful pictures of Europe. I hope to go there someday.

I agree with Christina, September is a great time for Disneyland. Short lines and it's super warm too! We also love to go the week after Thanksgiving. Not crowded, perfect weather and their Christmas decorations are up (which are AMAZING!). Love that place. If you go in October we'll see you there! =)

I wish I could tell you I've read an amazing book lately, but unless it has to do with Vampires, teenage wizards/witches or traveling pants then I'm at a loss. Apparently I can only deal with mindless entertainment!

And last but not least, Polly Bleaker is a character from a movie and he is a totally geeky runner. So my hubby!

Jessica said...

lol!
What is the weather like in Cali the week after Thanksgiving? I'm entertaining that one.

Christina, I want to see Rome, Venice and Tuscany! Didn't get to those. Saving them for Rob!

Alexis said...

We're looking forward to Yellowstone in July and Disneyland in October. It'll be quite the adventure...