Friday, September 7, 2007

The verdant color on our side







It's Official: We are walking on our new lawn and we love it.


Thanks to Grandpa Bob we had our first mow yesterday (a foot in parts) and only 5 hours, can you imagine? :) A 1/4 acre of grass and yes, the boys will be learning to mow. Those of you with established lawns may take a roll in the green for granted, but not us, we lay in it for 2 hours or so looking up, making lawn angels, anything to enjoy the fragrant padding under foot. Hooray!






This is my baby's first day of kindergarten, August 28, 2007. I'm still wondering why I spent so much time teaching her, reminding her that she can accomplish anything she wants to in this life and encouraging her confidence, then the moment she walks away from me and doesn't look back, I choke and wish she would just acknowledge me for a moment! It's the truth: Not a glance. She is in-love with Mrs. Wyatt, her froggy weather reporting voice and the starburst candies she gets when she's been an awesome student.


She does her homework when she walks in the door, loves reading and would tie me up for the rest of the day reading at the couch if she could. What a joy. I'll get over it.


But it's my baby!







Last night the Wright family celebrated Christmas 2006. Confused? I'll explain.

Grannie Preece , Corky and DaleAnn Wright gave us Spamalot tickets (Monty Python's Tony Award winning Musical, now traveling across America) and all of us kids-minus Jared and Deanna in AZ :(- finally got to go. Here we are eating at Buca di Beppo-YUM- before the show. Jamie, Juliet and Daniel not pictured here.

What a killer show! I love to hear mom, grandma and Deb laughing till they cry or at least do a smoker's laugh. Rob and I did our share too.

It's true we missed Jared and Deanna, but we got an awesome surprise visit from Wad (J-Rod, or Jared if you like) who made DaleAnn keep the secret from us until a family dinner. All of us control freaks enjoyed the eatin' and his visit this week. He's awesome and always entertaining. Can't wait til December when his whole fam will be here from sunny AZ. Miss those guys so much.
Signing off....Blog on! Love, Jess


1 comment:

Kati said...

I am very very very ENVIOUS of that green stuff! We are going to have to wait till spring! We just don't have enough time before the water shuts off. WAHHHHHHHHH! But...I am happy for you!!!
Kati