Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp 26.9.07

This was a pilgrimage for me. I was 140 kilometers from Ravensbruk, you remember the Hiding Place, Mom? Corrie Ten Boom, Betsie and Father were all here. I felt their spirits as well as many others who suffered at Sachsenhausen special SS training camp. The suffering unimaginable and you can truly hear the whispering if you will listen.



The gateway that all new prisoners entered through. Words on the iron gate are, `work sets you free.'

The barracks are special to go into. There was a feeling that this was the personal quarters, some humanity still left here The structure was original and not renovated. A beautiful contrast.


Although a painful visit, this trip fills me with gratitude and love for all of mankind. I have a new resolution that I will not act in anger or abuse others for my own gain. I have been so blessed by the words and life example of many Holocaust survivors: Elie Weisel, Corrie Ten Boom, Nien Cheng and the list lives on....in my life.

No comments: