Thursday, May 7, 2009

When did my favorite music become "Easy Listening"?

So I'm coming home from work and am pushing radio buttons
as I often do.
I settle on fm100 only because Crowded House is playing.
I feel nostalgic and remember how
much I enjoyed this song, not only for its merits,
but for my memories surrounding this 80's hit tune.
Then all of a sudden I wonder, "when did my Alternative hits become Easy Listening?"
Isn't it crazy to hear our stations evolve, and do they
really mean to say, "Hey, you're way outdated and OLD"?!
I mean, some of my 5th graders think 80's music is the best.
I still think 80's music is the best.
Oh, no! That means I'm just like my parents in that crazy,
fuddy, duddy sort of way.
Did I just type fuddy, duddy?
Ok, I think it's time for a mid-life wack-out. You know,
sports car, boobs, that sort of thing.
I'll probably stick to a tub of ice cream and a late-night showing of Pretty In Pink or something.
Now, there's a classic.

Name this band and you're right up there on the cool scale
(as far as this oldie is concerned:)

3 comments:

jenn said...

I so feel fuddy duddy lately. It's hard to get old. Sigh.

If Chris were here he would totally know that band. He's much better at stuff like that then I am! I have no idea. :)

Unknown said...

Yup we are all getting old :) Just as long as we do it together it will be okay, right?

Oha nd that would be the Thompson Twins :)

Jessica said...

Good job! One of my faves...still.
Slightly creepy photo though.