Saturday, November 15, 2008

Here's the Buzz:

Don't you LOVE it when one of your favorite books is made into a beautiful movie?
Mine was. The Secret Life of Bees is a beautiful story about mothers
and daughters, coming of age, discovering the healer
inside of you and yes, beekeeping.
Set in 1964, Civil Rights Movement in full-swing,
Lily is motherless and goes on a journey to find clues about why her mother is gone.
She finds healing and lessons from her 5 most unlikely mothers
and an abusive father who so loved her mother.
(be warned: lots of profanity)

Don't you just Love it when you HAVE to take time out for you?
Yes and no. But, necessary before a complete emotional
breakdown! This is where I am today.
And tomorrow.
I'm taking time off from blogging, socializing,
crafting, serving, running, doing, spinning, etc.
All things I tend to do so well until I'm a hormonal mess and I don't
know what more to do with myself. Work only amplifies this
situation for me. Did I mention that my husband works nights and sleeps
during the day? Oh, yeah, and I was sick for a month and a half.
All of these factors equal simplify.
I know it's a gift to get it figured out.
Don't you just love it when you have a break-through, share and care
more about what you think and feel than what others think?
(in a healthy way, I mean:)
Friends, this is history for me.
Thanks for listening.
"You are enough. We are enough."- August, Secret Life of Bees

7 comments:

Unknown said...

girlfriend!! I get the need to take a break, i hope yours finds you peace :)
I just gave a talk last week in sacrament meeting about Elder Perry's talk from last saturday morning conference. I don't know if you remember it but you must go back and read it right now! It is all about simplifying your life. He talks about Henry David Throeu and the time he lived on Waldon Pond. Seriously, GO, READ, NOW!

Love ya! :)

Cami said...

Beautifully written, as always. I have missed you! I am glad you are taking time for yourself and simplifying. Only good can come from that. :) I hope you can find some of that peace you are searching for.... one word... TEMPLE!! You walk in and there it is. It has been there the whole time! The peace wasn't lost, it was just waiting where it always does hoping you remember where you last had it.... and beckoning you back. ahhh. Smile!

Laurel said...

I'm so glad you'll be taking time to take care of you. You absolutely deserve sanity! :) I adore you, Jessica. Never forget, you're better than you think you are.

Petersen Kids said...

Good for you Jess. Sometimes that is just needed, life can get crazy. I have learned many things about you since we have met. You have many qualities and talents I wish I had. I hope, like Laurel, that you can realize how amazing you are.

I haven't even heard of that book, or movie. Umm...I'm a little out of things, but I think it sounds interesting. Love Ya.

Autumn said...

Aaahhhh....just what I needed to read today! You are so inspiring my friend! Love you Jess...and I'm glad you're taking some time for yourself! You deserve it!

Oh and you know I LOVED The Secret Life of Bees as much as you!! Loved the movie too! ...a little disappointed my favorite phrase wasn't used in the movie...

AND...don't you just love it when you have a friend at work that you can share ALL of the bad with and share some hugs and tears!! It helps so much!! Feel better! Luvs!

Kati said...

Where the heck are you?

Vic said...

Rob & Jessica,

It was good to talk with you for a bit today... I'm excited to catch up with you. See you soon.